Childrens and Family Pastor
Faith City Church (Faith) is a growing, diverse, generational church located in the heart of Halifax. Running three services per week as well as a second church at a local university, Faith continues to actively share the gospel of Jesus, meet the felt needs of our community, and equip our members to express the love of Christ to the city of Halifax and the province of Nova Scotia.
Over the course of Faith’s 90-year history, children and families of our community and those within the church have been a major focus. This area of ministry has been re-envisioned several times over the years finding spiritual success in sidewalk Sunday school ministry, community outreaches, and innovative initiatives in children’s ministry historically. In order to better serve the ministry vision of the church the time is upon us again to adjust, innovate and reimagine Childrens and Family ministry as the Holy Spirit leads. We are seeking a Childrens and Family Pastor to lead this process.
The successful candidate will be passionate about teaching and discipling children ages 0 through 12 and will have a philosophy of ministry that recognizes discipleship as central, and engaging parents holistically with the gospel, as critical to the overall success of the local church ministry. This individual will work alongside the rest of the pastoral team to develop, implement, and oversee a strategy for discipling children and parents within the church and engaging families of our local community through an ongoing missional outreach plan.
The successful candidate will enjoy working on a team, as well as leading, discipling and empowering their own group of leaders and volunteers to fulfill ministry goals. Faith values discipleship, empowerment, and is a collaborative work environment. As such the Children’s and Family Pastor will be an integral part of the pastoral team, influencing the broader mission and ministry of the church.
The successful candidate must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada and will be a PAOC credential holder or be willing to be credentialed with the PAOC.
- Leading, equipping, and discipling a team of leaders and volunteers to provide regular programing for children ages 0-12.
- Providing spiritual support and equipping opportunities for parents.
- Developing, implementing, and overseeing a discipleship strategy for kids, families and Faith.
- Developing, implementing, and overseeing a missional strategy for the kids and families of our community.
- Overseeing and giving direction to all areas of ministry associated with Children and Families at FCC, including Kids Church, Little Lambs Nursey, and new programming for the community.
- Developing and overseeing an annual budget for kids and family ministry.
- Encouraging participation of families in church-led activities.
- Discipling parents and children who want to use their skills and gifts serving the church.
- Participating in weekly pastoral and staff meetings.
- Generating reports of the activities carried out when necessary.
- Preaching and teaching on a regular basis.
- Other pastoral duties as assigned.
- This full-time position will be based on 40 hours per week and will be compensated commensurate with the successful candidate’s skill, experience, and education.
- If you are interested in applying for this Pastoral role at Faith City Church, you can send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The deadline for to apply for this position is June 15, 2021.
Opportunity for Student Position: Online Specialist
Student Position: Online Specialist
Are you a student entering or returning to full-time Post-Secondary Studies in this September?
Would you like to be a part of a growing team bringing the gospel to city and beyond?
Contributing to Social Media development?
Contributing to online children's programming?
Developing content for engagement between main gatherings?
Working on podcasts?
Facilitating some Reception?
Renumeration: $13/hrs, 35 hrs per week, 14 weeks.
If you're interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org